-- See Slides and Videos from the Workshop How can Scientific Computing help to study Life Sciences?, organized by the ICAR-CNR Research Unit of INdAM (Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica), held in Napoli (Italy) and online on September 13, 2021.- UPCOMING CONFERENCES
-- 12th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Technology (ICBET 2022), Tokio, April 20-23, 2022. Submission deadline: December 20, 2021.
-- 9th International Conference on BIOIMAGING (BIOIMAGING 2022), Vienna - Austria, February 9-11, 2022. Extended submission deadline: November 29, 2021.
-- L. Maddalena, I. Manipur, M. Manzo, and M.R. Guarracino, On Whole-Graph Embedding Techniques, In: Mondaini R.P. (Ed) Trends in Biomathematics: Chaos and Control in Epidemics, Ecosystems, and Cells. BIOMAT 2020. Springer, Cham, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-73241-7_8, 115-131, 2021.
-- I. Manipur, M. Manzo, I. Granata, M. Giordano, L. Maddalena, and M.R. Guarracino, Netpro2vec: a Graph Embedding Framework for Biomedical Applications , in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, DOI: 10.1109/TCBB.2021.3078089, to appear. Related software available here.
-- L. Maddalena, I. Granata, I. Manipur, M. Manzo, and M.R. Guarracino, A Framework Based on Metabolic Networks and Biomedical Images Data to Discriminate Glioma Grades, in X. Ye et al. (Eds.), Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies. BIOSTEC 2020. CCIS 1400, Springer, ISBN: 978-3-030-72379-8, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-72379-8_9, 165--189, 2021.
-- I. Manipur, I. Granata, L. Maddalena, and M.R. Guarracino, Network Distances for Weighted Digraphs, in Y. Kochetov et al. (Eds.), Mathematical Optimization Theory and Operations Research, CCIS 1275, Springer Nature Switzerland, ISBN: 978-3-030-58657-7, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-58657-7_31, 389-408, 2020. Related software available:
1) MetabolitesGraphs: R package to integrate gene expression data into a metabolic model and extract metabolites-based graphs. 2) GraphDistances: R package to compute distribution-based distance measures between directed and undirected graphs/networks.- RECENT AWARDS
-- Challenge Winners: The CDS-Lab Team (Mario Rosario Guarracino, Maurizio Giordano, Ichcha Manipur, Ilaria Granata, Lucia Maddalena, Marina Piccirillo) is among the winners of the first subchallenge of the Metagenomics Diagnosis for IBD Challenge (MEDIC), September 2020.
-- Best Paper Award: 7th International Conference on Bioimaging (BIOIMAGING/BIOSTEC) for Glioma Grade Classification via Omics Imaging, by L. Maddalena, I. Granata, I. Manipur, M. Manzo, and M.R. Guarracino, February 26, 2020.
- ORCID: orcid.org/0000-0002-0567-4624
- Scopus Author ID: 9735344700
- WoS Researcher ID: K-5508-2013
- Google Scholar: Lucia_Maddalena
- Senior Researcher, National Research Council (CNR), Institute for High-Performance Computing and Networking (ICAR), Naples Branch
- Director, ICAR-CNR INdAM Research Unit
- Scientific Coordinator, ICAR-CNR Computational Data Science group (CDS-group)
ICAR-CNR, Naples Branch
Via P. Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Tel.: +39 081 6139522
Fax: +39 081 6139531lucia.maddalena 'at' cnr.it
Last update: November 23, 2021